Al Ihsan is pleased to bring you a new series of courses geared towards learning the Arabic language. This is the first out of three levels of this course.
Foundations of Arabic 1 is an introductory course to build a firm foundation in basic Arabic speaking, reading and writing and comprehension skills. Light on grammar, heavy on practical usage.
- Strong fundamental vocabulary
- Reading and correct pronunciation
- Forming basic noun-and-verb-based sentences
- Essential daily conversation
- Connecting with Qurʾānic Arabic
HOW THE COURSE WILL BE TAUGHT
- Introduction of Concept– Illustration of new idea through examples and images
- Exercises –spoken and written application of concept
- Relating to the Qurʿān– Finding and studying the concept in the Qurʿān
- Practical Application– Applying the concept in practical usage through speaking and writing
- Madina Arabic Course- Durūs al-Lughat al-ʿArabiyya
- Pictionary- Al-Qāmüs Al-ṣaghīr
- Handouts, extra notes, weekly assignments
- Audio/video resources
All resources will be provided to students in electronic format.
- Basic ability to recite the Qurʾān
- Basic English (to understand lessons)
This level will be taught over 3 terms.
Term 1: July 8, 2017 – August 26, 2017
Term 2: September 9, 2017 – November 4, 2017
Term 3: November 18 – January 27, 2017
September 2, 2017
November 11, 2017
December 30, 2017
January 6, 2018
Holidays may be given on other occasions. All updates and correspondence will be sent to students via email.
Level 1 Final Exam: January 27, 2018
Saturday Mornings 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
HOW TO ATTEND CLASSES
- On-site at the Al-Ihsān Institute in Surrey, BC Canada: 105-12877 76 Ave, Surrey BC, V3W 1E6 (For brothers only)
- Online using an interactive live Webinar: For brothers and sisters
- Medium of Instruction: English
FEES / REGISTRATION
- Fees for this course are $100 per semester, total $300 for Level 1
- Students may choose to pay the fees in a lump sum or in monthly payments.
- First fee payment is due upon registration.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org