Foundations of Arabic
Al Ihsan is pleased to bring you a new series of courses geared towards learning the Arabic language. We are currently offering levels 1 and 2 out of three levels of this course.
Foundations of Arabic is a course ranging from introductory to advacned levels, aimed towards building a firm foundation in basic Arabic speaking, reading and writing and comprehension skills. Light on grammar, heavy on practical usage.
- Strong fundamental vocabulary
- Reading and correct pronunciation
- Forming basic noun-and-verb-based sentences
- Essential daily conversation
- Connecting with Qurʾānic Arabic
HOW THE COURSE WILL BE TAUGHT
- Introduction of Concept– Illustration of new idea through examples and images
- Exercises –spoken and written application of concept
- Relating to the Qurʿān– Finding and studying the concept in the Qurʿān
- Practical Application– Applying the concept in practical usage through speaking and writing
Each level is taught over 3 terms.
Term 1: July 3 2018 – Oct 2018
Term 2: Nov 2018 – Feb 2019
Term 3: March 2019 – June 2019
A one to two week break will be given between terms.
Holidays may be given on other occasions. All updates and correspondence will be sent to students via email.
Tuesday 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Sunday 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
COURSE TEXTS / TEACHING RESOURCES
- Madina Arabic Course 1-2 – Durūs al-Lughat al-ʿArabiyya. (Textbook)
- Tashil al-Nahw (E-book)
- Madina Arabic Course 2-3 – Durūs al-Lughat al-ʿArabiyya. (Textbook)
- Tashil al-Nahw (continued) (E-book)
- Khair al-Tasrif (Arabic Morphology). (Textbook)
- Pictionary- Al-Qāmüs Al-ṣaghīr. (E-book)
- Qasas al-Nabiyyin (Stories of the Prophets). (E-book)
- Handouts, extra notes, weekly assignments
- Audio/video resources
E-books will be provided to students in electronic format free of charge. Textbooks require purchase. Please contact us for more information.
- Basic ability to recite the Qurʾān
- Basic English (to understand lessons)
- Level 1 prerequisites AND
- Successful completion of Level 1 OR
- Passing of placement exam
HOW TO ATTEND CLASSES
- On-site at the Al-Ihsān Institute in Surrey, BC Canada: 11-8285 132 St. Surrey BC, V3W 4N6 (For brothers only)
- Online using an interactive live Webinar: For brothers and sisters
- Medium of Instruction: English
FEES / REGISTRATION
- Fees for this course are $100 per month.
- Students may choose to pay the fees in a lump sum or in monthly pre authorized payments.
- First month fee payment is required to confirm your registration
- Please note that once a student attends any portion of a term, fees for that entire term are due whether the student continues the program or not.
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com