The ultimate solution for anyone seeking to gain authentic Islamic knowledge. Study part-time and enjoy full flexibility
Enrollments Currently Open For:
Onsite in Surrey or Online from anywhere-
The Hadith Comprehension course studies over 500 ahādith across the topics of:
- Business & Transactions
- Marriage & Divorce
- Halal & Haram Matters
Onsite in Markham or Online from anywhere
The Fiqh Comprehension course studies the rulings and injuctions of:
- Eid Sacrifce
More details can be found below in the “Curriculum” section
Jump to Section
Does any of the following apply to you?
- I want to learn about my religion in detail, but am working, studying or raising children.
- I want to learn clear facts from Qurʾān and hadith without being confused.
- I want to learn from authentic sources.
- I love my religion, but cannot afford the expensive Islamic courses being offered today.
- I want to be able to give daʿwah, lectures, write about Islam, or even teach.
- I am interested in learning Arabic, Qurʾān, Hadith, Fiqh, Principles of Deen and Sirah.
- I would like the option of studying Islam online live with an actual teacher.
- I would like to have enough knowledge of Islam to base my entire life on Islamic teachings.
Islam Comprehensive (iComp) is an intensive part-time two-year diploma program which aims to give the student a deep and broad understanding of Islam. It covers a vast range of subjects and topics, and provides an in-depth study of the following:
- Islamic Principles and Aqida
Knowledge of these fundamental branches of knowledge will bring the student into an intimate interaction with the sources of Islamic knowledge. The textbooks and study material are rigorously authentic, comprehensive and engaging. This may be the solution that thousands of Muslims have been waiting for!
The iComp program consists of 6 courses which are taught over two years. Courses are taught one at a time over a period of approximately 4 months each. For example, Foundations was taught from Dec 2021 to March 2022, Fiqh is currently being taught from May to Aug 2022, and so on. For the sake of facilitating matters for our students, we are now allowing brothers and sisters to enroll for as many of these courses as they like. This means you now have a vast variety of enrollment options that were never previously available.
Some enrollment options you may consider:
- Enroll for the complete program, and complete all 6 subjects one after another
- Enroll for one year and complete 3 subjects
- Enroll for just one subject that interests you the most
- Enroll for a couple of subjects, take a break for a few months, then enroll for a few more
- The options are endless!!
Completed in its entirety, Islam Comprehensive is a two-year diploma program. However, one of the added benefits the new format of courses is that you no longer have to complete the entire program all at once.
Upon successful completion of an Islam Comprehensive course, a student will be awarded 4 credits. Once you have 24 credits, you will be certified with a completion diploma. (Note: a single course may not be completed multiple times in order to gain more credits. Credits gained must be from all six courses of the Islam Comprehensive Program)
The credits you are awarded upon completing a course do not expire. So as long as you complete the 6 courses, even if it is over multiple batches of the program, you will qualify for a diploma.
Students who complete select courses from the full iComp program will be awarded completion certificates for the specific courses completed.
How to Attend Classes
Projected scheduling of courses
Surrey iComp (Main)
Offered in Pacific Time
- May – Aug 2022: Fiqh
- Sept – Dec 2022: Quran Tafsir
- Jan – May 2023: Hadith –Registrations Closed
- June – Sept 2023: Arabic- Registration to open May 2023
- Oct 2023- Jan 2024: Foundations
- Feb – May 2024: Sirah
Toronto iComp (Darul Iman)
Offered in Eastern Time
- Sept – Dec 2022: Sirah
- Feb – May 2023: Fiqh – Registrations Opening Soon
- June – Sept 2023: Tafsir
- Oct – Jan 2023: Hadith
- Feb – May 2024: Arabic
- June – Sept 2024: Foundations
* Dates and order of subjects posted are estimates and may vary
All 6 courses will be taught in a continuous cycle. This means that even if you did not enroll for the February sessions, you can still join and complete the full diploma of you like; alternatively, you can join later for another course of your choice. You may also choose specific courses from the Surrey iComp program and the Darul Iman iComp Program to make up for any courses you are missing. Enrollments are always open!
Breakdown of Courses
- Arabic grammar including etymology and morphology
- Understand Arabic sentence structure.
- Learn words to speak and understand Quran & Hadith.
- Learn verbs and morphology.
- Translate from Arabic to English and English to Arabic.
- Form basic sentences
- Conduct basic conversations in Arabic.
- Translation, understanding background (sabab al-nuzūl) and message of verses, basic commandments and lessons
- The following sections and chapters of the Quran are covered:
- Sura Baqara
- Juz 30
- Surah Yusuf*
- Surah al-Kahf*
- Verses of commandments pertaining to worship, purification, marriage, divorce, business, earning, halal & haram (Ayaat al-Ahkam)
* May be modified based on scheduling needs
- Textbook 1– Knowledge and System of Beliefs: Existence and Attributes of Allah, Prophethood, Hereafter, Taqdīr, The Qurʾān, Angels, Ṣaḥāba, Iman, Islam, Ihsān/Tazkiya, Hypocrisy, Shirk, Knowledge of the unseen, Sunnah, Innovations, Physical and metaphysical phenomena, Contagious diseases, Evil eye, Ruqya (incantations), Punishment in the grave
- Textbook 2– Akhlāq, Nikāḥ, Ṭalāq, Rights of Husband and Wife, Oaths, Pledges, Waqf Endowments, Sales and Financial Transactions, Agency, Guarantees, Interest, Partnerships, Trusts, Borrowing, Loans, Mortgages, Gifts, Testimony, Slaughtering, Hunting, Etiquettes, Ḥalāl & harām
- Fiqh of Nikah
- Fiqh of Business
- The Muslim Creed: A study of the famous al-ʿAqīda al-Ṭahāwiyya
- The Book of Allah: in-depth study of revelation, its types, history of preservation of the Qurʾān, the Seven Readings, science of tafsīr, authentic tafsīrs
- Authority of hadith and sunnah: a look into the status and significance of sunnah, Prophetic authority in law-making and explanation of the Qurʾān, refutation of those who challenge the authority of hadith, history of hadith preservation, science of hadith
- Differences of the Ummah: a detailed study of the history of ikhtilāf, and reasons behind differences in fiqh rulings
- The Madhāhib: Reality of the 4 schools of fiqh, ijtihād, status of a madhhab in Islam
- Life in Arabica before the Prophethood of Muhammad (SAW)
- The corruption of the Arab society leading up to Islam’s emergence.
- The beginning of Islam and its profound effect on society.
- Islam in Makkah and its transition to Madina.
- How Islam evolved and prevailed over the world and what struggles were faced on the way.
- The demise of the beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the teachings left behind to continue the spread of Islam.
- Important historic events
- Lifestyle, traits, habits, likes and dislikes of the Prophet (saw)
Course outlines are made available to provide an overall idea of what will be taught. Modifications may be made based on scheduling needs
class timings / schedule
Surrey iComp (Main- Pacific Timings)
Enrollments are closed for the January 2023 intake and will reopen in May 2023 for classes starting June 2023.
Tentative Start Date: Jan 12, 2023
- Tuesdays: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM (Pacific time)
- Thursdays: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM (Pacific time)
Toronto iComp (Darul Iman- Eastern Timings)
Enrollments are open for the February 2023 intake
- Tuesdays: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM (Eastern time)
- Thursdays: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM (Eastern time)
Assignments and tests
Exams will take place on the weekend following the last day of each course.
Revision questions, assignments and homework will be given regularly.
The student should be prepared to dedicate 2-4 hours per week outside of class to study and complete assignments.
Dedication, punctual attendance, revision, completion of homework are expected from all students.
- The course is for individuals who have a general knowledge of Islam and would like to further their understanding.
- There are no course prerequisites for this program
- For the Arabic Comprehensive course, students should be able to read Quranic Arabic. All other courses are taught in English only.
- The program is open to males and females aged 13+
- Special discounts and financial aid are available if required. Please contact us for more info.
- All religious tuition is tax-deductible.
- Fees are $400 per course, payable in a lump sum or in four $100 monthly installments.
- 15% Discounts apply to students and seniors. Further discounts are available if needed
- Fees for at least the first month are due upon registration.
- If the fees for multiple courses (three or more) are paid in advance, a 10% discount will be applied to the total amount.
- Please note that once the course begins, fees for the full course are due. If the student withdraws before the withdrawal deadline, they are elligible for a 75% refund.
- This program is taught using a collection of books compiled exlusively for iComp as well as external resources.
- Select course texts will be provided to students free of cost, while others will require purchase of an electronic or paperback version. Please contact us for more information.
Hear from graduates of islam comprehensive
With the help and mercy of Allah, four batches consisting of over a hundred students have completed the Islam Comprehensive program. See what some of our graduates have to say!
Shaykh Taha Masood
Shaykh Sheryar Bashir
Frequenly Asked Questions
If you plan to attend onsite, and you are located either in the BC Lower Mainland or in the GTA region, or if you will attend online but want the timings to match with your local time zone, then you should register for your local iComp Program.
If, however, both timings work for you, then you may choose to register for whichever program you wish, based on the current course being offered.
The courses in the iComp Program were originally extracted from the Aalim Course, and were abridged to form a shorter program. The aim of creating the iComp Program was to make these teachings available for brothers and sisters who had other full-time commitments such as work or school. Completing the iComp diploma program will not certify you an Islamic scholar or authority.
As this program was designed for individuals with full-time commitments, the course load outside of class time is quite light. Besides the time when you are studying for the test which takes place at the end of each course, you will not be expected to give more than 2-4 hours per week for studying or assignments.
We understand that most of our students have other full-time commitments which may cause them to sometimes miss class. It is for this very reason that on a weekly bases, we provide our students with video recordings of all the classes. These videos may be used to make up for any missed class as well as for revision purposes.
Yes you can! The Islam Comprehensive diploma program consists of 6 courses, which are taught in a continuous cycle. This means you have two options:
- If some classes have already passed, you can join in from the start of the next course, which will be within the coming 3-4 months. Since the classes are taught in a continuous cycle, you will be able to complete the courses you missed when they come around again.
- If only a few classes of a course have passed when you wish to register, you may still register and catch up on the missed classes using video recordings of every class session.
The iComp Program is made up of six courses, lasting approximately 3-4 months each. You have the option the complete as many courses as you wish. You can stop after any number of courses, and come back later if you wish to complete the full diploma.
We have numerous options available for financial assistance. Our priority is always to provide authentic Islamic knowledge to anyone interested. Please contact our financial department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Islam Comprehensive Program was first launched in 2010. To date, Alhamdulillah, we have had hundreds of students successfully complete the diploma program.