Please note that we are currently in the process of remapping the Islam Comprehensive program. We are currently not taking any enrollments. We are hoping to launch the new program by October/November 2018. Any updates will be posted on this page, the home page of our website, as well as our Facebook page.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- I want to learn about my religion in detail, but am working, studying or raising children
- I want to learn clear facts from Qurʾān and hadith without being confused
- I want to learn from authentic sources
- I love my religion, but cannot afford the expensive Islamic courses being offered today
- I want to be able to give daʿwah, lectures, write about Islam, or teach
- I am interested in learning Qurʾān, hadith, fiqh, principles of deen
- I would like the option of studying Islam online live with an actual teacher
- I would like to have enough knowledge of Islam to base my entire life on Islamic teachings
‘Islam Comprehensive’ is an intensive part-time course which aims to give the student a deep and broad understanding of Islam. It covers a vast range of subjects and topics, and provides an in-depth study of the following:
- Islamic Principles
Knowledge of these fundamental branches of knowledge will bring the student into an intimate interaction with the sources of Islamic knowledge. The textbooks and study material are rigorously authentic, comprehensive and engaging. This may be the solution that thousands of Muslims have been waiting for!
Syllabus / Details
Course Details: The course is divided into two levels, each level taught in three sessions of almost three months each.
Levels 1 and 2 will be taught over a total period of approximately 2 years, including intervals and holidays.
1- Translation and Tafsīr of the Qurʾān
Level 1: Translation, understanding background (sabab al-nuzūl) and message of verses, basic commandments and lessons
Session 1-Sura Baqara
Session 2-Juz 30
Session 3-Sura Yusuf, Kahf
Level 2: In-depth study of Qurʾānic commandments and their implementation today
Verses of commandments pertaining to worship, purification, marriage, divorce, business, earning, halāl & harām (Āyāt al-ahkām)
2- Hadith Comprehension
Level 1: Textbook 1-Knowledge and System of Beliefs: Existence and Attributes of Allah, Prophethood, Hereafter, Taqdīr, The Qurʾān, Angels, Ṣaḥāba, Iman, Islam, Ihsān/Tazkiya, Hypocrisy, Shirk, Knowledge of the unseen, Sunnah, Innovations, Physical and metaphysical phenomena, Contagious diseases, Evil eye, Ruqya (incantations), Punishment in the grave
Level 2: Textbook 2-Akhlāq, Nikāḥ, Ṭalāq, Rights of Husband and Wife, Oaths, Pledges, Waqf Endowments, Sales and Financial Transactions, Agency, Guarantees, Interest, Partnerships, Trusts, Borrowing, Loans, Mortgages, Gifts, Testimony, Slaughtering, Hunting, Etiquettes, Ḥalāl & harām
3- Fiqh Comprehension- Currently offering Ḥanafī
Level 1: i. Purification, worships, marriage, business: the ‘how’
Level 2: The legal proofs in Fiqh: the ‘why’
4- Foundations of Islam
- The Muslim Creed: A study of the famous al-ʿAqīda al-Ṭahāwiyya
2. The Book of Allah: in-depth study of revelation, its types, history of preservation of the Qurʾān, the Seven Readings, science of tafsīr, authentic tafsīrs
3. Authority of hadith and sunnah: a look into the status and significance of sunnah, Prophetic authority in law-making and explanation of the Qurʾān, refutation of those who challenge the authority of hadith, history of hadith preservation, science of hadith
- Differences of the Ummah: a detailed study of the history of ikhtilāf, and reasons behind differences in fiqh rulings
- The Madhāhib: Reality of the 4 schools of fiqh, ijtihād, status of a madhhab in Islam
How it is Taught
Students can attend the classes in the following way:
- Live at the Al-Ihsān Institute in Surrey, BC Canada (For brothers only)
- Online/Phone Medium of Instruction: English
- Some urdu course material can be provided upon request
The class schedule is as follows (tentative to change):
- Tuesday: 7:00 pm PST– 9:00 pm PST
- Saturday: 10:00 pm PST– 12:00 pm PST
Students who cannot attend the classes in these timings will be provided with recordings of the classes if necessary. The online class will be interactive, and students will be able to see a presentation of course material and visual aids on their computer screen. Those wishing to move away from their computer will be able to do so by shifting to “telephone mode”.
Fees/ Course Texts
Please note that program is open to students aged 13 years and up
- Fees for this program are $100 per month
- Fees for the first month are due upon registration.
- Fees must be paid through pre-authorized debit or credit card payments
- This course is taught using a mix of textbooks and electronic e-books. E-books will be provided to students free of charge, while textbooks will require purchase. Students residing outside of Surrey and the Lower Mainland area will receive the books by mail.
On-site classes take place at: 105-12877 75 Ave, Surrey BC, V3W 1E6
Mailing address: 105-12877 75 Ave, Surrey BC, V3W 1E6
Exams will take place prior to the termination of each session, with a final exam at the end of each level. Revision questions, assignments and homework will be given regularly.
The course is for individuals who have a general knowledge of Islam and would like to further their understanding. The student should be prepared to dedicate some of their time to serious study, punctual attendance, revision, homework and the other basic aspects of any system of education.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org