Job Description for Graphic Designer
- Preparing work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Planning concepts by studying information and materials.
- Illustrating concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Preparing designs for social media posts based on copyright and content provided.
- Designing posters for courses/events
- Typesetting and design of promotional material, course texts, and more
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proficiency with design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Creative mind with the ability to conceptualize ideas for various applications
- Layout skills
- Attention to detail
- Access to desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Handles creative feedback and constructive criticism
Minimum 1-2 years
Graphic design education may be applied towards work experience
$16-$20 per hour
Based on Experience
Project based also available
The age requirements for this job have been placed by the Canadian Government.
This job is offered as a part of the Canada Summer Jobs program, with a possibility of continuing employment on a part-time or full-time basis thereafter.
Work remotely and report in onsite at fixed intervals