Part-time Islamic School
Evening Quran and Islamic Studies for Young Muslim Boys and Girls
At Al-Ihsan, we believe that every child and youth deserves a robust Islamic education, where sufficient knowledge is provided about every aspect of Islam pertaining to our lives. They should not only have a strong foundation in the basics of beliefs and worships, but also gain a deep familiarity with the Quran, hadith, seera, history and Islamic etiquette. They should be provided with enough knowledge and insight to navigate through all aspects of life in light of these teachings. It is with these goals that Al-Ihsan Educational Foundation offers its Part-time Islamic School, a project that takes our youngsters on a journey of knowledge, wisdom and Islamic tarbiya (training). Along the way, they will become practicing Muslims, equipped with the tools to become strong ambassadors of Islam.
The school offers 5 levels of education, each level consisting of 4 main courses:
1. Mastery of Quranic recitation
- Learning and applying basic concepts of recitation
- To gain competence and proficiency in recitation
- Build up to a level of expertise in the art of Quranic recitation
2. Memorization of Quran and hadith texts
- Memorization of a collection of suras in each level
- Memorization of a vast collection of supplications and adhkar
- Memorization of a significant collection of hadith
3. Islamic Studies
- Complete 5-level Islamic Studies curriculum (My Deen series by Mufti Aasim Rashid)
- Wide range of Islamic knowledge including aqida (beliefs), worships, Prophetic Seera, History of Islam, Tafsir and hadith
4. Hifz Program
Students who have completed the basic levels of Quran recitation and memorization will be enrolled into a specialized hifz program in which they will be able to complete memorization of the Quran at a specific pace, over a period of a few years, along with their other school studies.
How it is Taught
Daily class time is divided into two portions. One for Quranic Studies, and the second for Islamic Studies. This approach helps maintain a balance in the daily schedule, keeping students motivating and wanting to contstantly learn more.
Students are supported and nurtured in applying what they learn to their daily lives, and special attention is given to building strong Islamic values and character.
We have separate classes for both boys and girls, with qualified teachers teaching both.
Classes will be held Monday to Friday, 5:00 PM– 7:00 PM PST.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call 778-223-5505
HOW TO ATTEND CLASSES
- On-site for both boys and girls at the Al-Ihsān Institute: 11-8285 132 St. Surrey BC. V3W 4N6
FEES / REGISTRATION
Please note that we are currently only accepting children who are 5 years old and up
- Fees for this program are $50 per month
- Fees for first month are due upon registration.
- Discounts are given to families with more than two children.