Foundations of Arabic
The ultimate program which will help you understand Quran and Hadith in their original language
Jump to Section
Foundations of Arabic is a three level program ranging from introductory to advanced levels, aimed towards building a firm foundation in basic Arabic speaking, reading and writing and comprehension skills. Light on grammar, heavy on practical usage.
Our Arabic course, based out of Surrey, BC, is taught with a communicative approach
and offers unmatched learning and knowledge. Foundations of Arabic is a program of the highest quality that focus on all the primary language skills.
- Strong fundamental vocabulary
- Reading and correct pronunciation
- Forming noun-and-verb-based sentences
- Essential daily conversation
- Connecting with Qurʾānic Arabic
- We use a communicative approach to instruction with an emphasis on practical language that you will be able to use from the very first day.
The Foundations of Arabic Course now includes the translation of the 30th juz.
This new addition means you will have a chance to put everything you are learning into practice every day. Our instructors will take you through the surahs you recite in salat everyday, and break down the verses word-by-word, in order to facilitiate your learning process.
How to Attend Classes
Projected scheduling of courses
2019 – 2021*
Nov 2019 – June 2020: Level 1
July 2020 – Feb 2021 – Level 2
Mar 2021 – Oct 2021- Level 3
* Dates and order of subjects posted are estimates and may vary
class timings / schedule
The tentative class schedule is as follows:
- Wednesdays: 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM*
- Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
All timings are in Pacific Standard Time
*Class timings may vary from level to level
Classes begin Nov 6, 2019 inshaAllah
Class timings in Ramadan will be altered based on the availability of students.
Assignments and tests
Exams will take place in the middle of as well as the end of each level.
Revision questions, assignments and homework will be given regularly.
The student should be prepared to dedicate 2-4 hours per week outside of class to study and complete assignments.
Dedication, punctual attendance, revision, completion of homework are expected from all students.
- There are no course prerequisites for this program
- Students must be able to read Quranic Arabic
- The program is open to males and females aged 13+
- Fees for this program are $100 per month.
- Discounts apply to students and seniors.
- Special discounts and financial aid may be available if required. Please contact us for more info.
- Fees for at least the first month are due upon registration, and are required to confirm your enrollment.
- If the fees for multiple courses (three or more) are paid in advance, a 10% discount will be applied to the total amount.
- Please note that once a student attends any portion of a course, fees for that entire course are due whether the student continues the program or not.
- Most texts will be provided to students in ebook format, free of charge.
- Select texts will be required to be purchased at additional costs. purchase. Please contact us for more information.
Shaykh Taha Masood
Intructors may vary from level to level.
Enrollments are now open for our November 2019 intake!
Frequenly Asked Questions
Normally mastering the Arabic language takes 3-4 years of full time study. The Foundations of Arabic is a part-time two-year program. The program will give you a strong foundation and familiarize you with the grammar and spoken and written Arabic language. You will be able to conduct basic Arabic conversations, and will be able undertand a large portion of the Holy Quran and Ahadith in their original Arabic language.
As this program was designed for individuals with full-time commitments, the course load outside of class time is quite light. Besides the time when you are studying for the test which takes place at the end of each course, you will not be expected to give more than 2-4 hours per week for studying or assignments.
We understand that most of our students have other full-time commitments which may cause them to sometimes miss class. It is for this very reason that on a weekly bases, we provide our students with video recordings of all the classes. These videos may be used to make up for any missed class as well as for revision purposes.
The Foundations of Arabic program is made up of three levels. It is up to you if you wish to complete one, two, or all three levels. Each level lasts approx 8 months.
We have numerous options available for financial assistance. Our priority is always to provide authentic Islamic knowledge to anyone interested. Please contact our financial department at email@example.com for more information.